Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Menorah Experiment: From a Half-Bow to a Full Circle

Article Summary

This post revisits an early experiment made with an ornamental Menorah. By using its seven branches as a painting tool, I explored how the lampstand’s half-circle or half-bow shape could form a complete circular bow. The result later became part of my wider research into the Menorah, light, fire, heaven, earth and the rainbow around God’s throne. An original Suno-assisted song of praise is also shared near the end.

Rediscovering an Old Experiment

While unpacking my study materials, I came across an old experiment I had conducted with a Menorah ornament. I could not remember whether I had shared the result, so I decided to preserve the image and observation here.

Looking at the ornament from the front, I noticed that the outer shape of the Menorah resembles half a circle—or what we could call half a “bow.” The positions for the flames point upwards towards heaven, while the imagined continuation of the bow led me to think about a connection extending towards earth.

Original Menorah ornament experiment showing a circular painted bow
Original image of the Menorah ornament experiment.

How I Conducted the Experiment

  1. I cut cotton buds, also called Q-tips, in half.
  2. I hot-glued them to the places on the ornament that would normally hold the lamps or candles.
  3. I applied the three primary colours to the cotton tips.
  4. I used the ornament as a painting tool, moving it clockwise to carry the half-bow shape around into a full circle.

The movement produced a circular rainbow-like pattern. What appeared to be only half a bow when the Menorah was viewed upright became a complete circle when the shape was carried through a clockwise motion. The resulting bow also appeared to contain an eye-like form near its centre.

The Menorah, Oil and Light

My ornament was designed to hold candles, but the biblical Menorah was a seven-lamped golden lampstand supplied with pure olive oil. Exodus 25:31–40 describes its construction, while Exodus 27:20–21 describes pure pressed olive oil being brought for the light.

“You shall make its seven lamps, and they shall light its lamps so that they may give light in front of it.”

The flames rising from the seven lamps became, for me, a symbolic picture of God’s fire and light. This observation later connected in my research with John’s vision of seven fiery lamps before God’s throne.

“Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.”

From a Half-Bow to a Circle

Scripture also describes a rainbow surrounding God’s throne in Revelation 4:3. My experiment did not prove that the Menorah is literally that rainbow. Rather, the circular painted result gave me a visual way to explore a symbolic connection between the lampstand, fire, a bow and the relationship between heavenly and earthly perspectives.

Observation and interpretation

The half-circle shape and painted circle are visible features of the ornament and experiment. The connections with God’s fire, heaven, earth and the rainbow around the throne are my spiritual and symbolic interpretation of what I observed. Scripture does not directly state that the Menorah itself is a rainbow or a map of the heavens.

How This Experiment Led to Later Research

Over the years, I have continued examining the Menorah from different viewpoints, including ground-level and overhead views. That work developed into a much larger study involving circles, triangles, hexagons, the Star of David, the clock structure and what I describe as microcosm and macrocosm Menorah patterns.

Continue reading

My detailed method, figures and later interpretations are available in Unwrapping Menorah Secrets on Project Clock Codes.

SONG UPLOADED 2026

My Suno-Assisted Song of Praise

I also want to share one of my own songs as a musical offering of praise. I sang the song myself and uploaded my vocal recording to Suno. Suno then enhanced my voice and added musical instruments, helping the arrangement sound fuller and more enjoyable while keeping my original sung performance at its centre.

Song Production and Inspiration

The song grew out of a deeply personal predicament that I recorded on 11 February while living in Melbourne. At the time, I was grieving the changes unfolding in my marriage as my now former spouse underwent a gender transition. I was also confronting the difficult reality and consequences that I believed would follow.

The song was birthed while I sat on the bed in our rented Melbourne accommodation, looking through the window. I felt deep sorrow. Just outside stood two trees. As I looked at them, I sensed the Holy Spirit whisper a reminder about the secret I associate with His trees: day after day, through every age and season, they quietly point towards God’s bow in heaven. In that moment, the trees seemed to see what I could not—God’s continual faithfulness, regardless of the circumstances surrounding them.

The song’s verses, therefore, reflect those two trees, which I also see as a type of two pillars. Within my symbolic number interpretation, I connect them with 11—the chapter-and-verse pattern of Genesis 1:1—and with Genesis 2:9, which names the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Adding 2 and 9 gives 11, while placing the digits 2 and 9 together produces 29. This led me to Deuteronomy 29:29, which contrasts the secret things belonging to God with the things He reveals. This number connection is my personal symbolic interpretation; it is not a meaning stated directly by Genesis or Deuteronomy.

Original song performed by Anna Towan; vocal enhancement and instrumental arrangement created with Suno.
✨ Deep Treasure

From one viewpoint, the ornament displayed only half a bow. Through movement, that same shape produced a complete circle. This led me to consider how something that appears partial from an earthly viewpoint may reveal a larger pattern when it is turned, extended or viewed from another perspective.

Questions for Further Reflection

  • What does the Menorah’s half-circle shape suggest when viewed as half of a bow?
  • Why did rotating the ornament transform the visible arc into a complete circle?
  • What might change when the Menorah is viewed from ground level compared with an overhead view?
  • How do the seven lamps in Exodus relate to the seven lamps of fire described in Revelation?
  • Where does the experiment provide a visible result, and where does my symbolic interpretation begin?

References

Topics Covered: Menorah experiment, seven-branched lampstand, half-circle, half-bow, circular rainbow, olive-oil lamps, Exodus 25, Revelation 4, seven Spirits of God, symbolic interpretation, original worship song, Suno-assisted music and Project Clock Codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors