Tuesday, July 21, 2026

The Butterfly’s Wings: Turning My Twin Jane’s Poem Into Music

Article Summary

This post records how a poem from my twin, Jane, became a personal music experiment. Beginning with her words about a butterfly’s unfolding wings, I translated selected numbers into piano notes, documented myself playing the original tune and number patterns, edited the audio in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition, and used Suno to explore two AI-assisted musical versions.

My twin Jane sent me a beautiful poem called The Butterfly’s Wings. Her reflection on emergence, strengthening and flight immediately stirred a musical response in me. With her permission, I am sharing both her original words and the creative journey that followed.

Screenshot of Jane sharing her poem The Butterfly's Wings
My twin’s poem, shared here with her permission.

Jane’s Poem: The Butterfly’s Wings

The butterfly reminded me that when it first emerges from its chrysalis, its wings are folded, crumpled, and covered in moisture. It takes time for them to dry, stretch, and strengthen before they are ready for flight.

Once its wings have fully unfolded and become strong, the butterfly simply spreads them and flies away.

Unlike baby birds, which need the guidance of their parents to learn how to fly, butterflies do not need lessons. They don’t learn to fly—they simply open the wings God has already given them and begin to flap.

The miracle of flight without instruction is truly a mystery. Perhaps that is because everything the butterfly needed for flight was formed long before it ever emerged into the light.

Written by Jane · Reproduced with permission

✨ Deep Treasure

The butterfly does not create its wings at the moment of flight; it unfolds what was already being formed in the hidden place. Jane’s poem invited me to consider how a gift may be present before it is visible, and how strengthening and waiting can be part of becoming ready to use it.

From Jane’s Favourite Numbers to Piano Notes

I asked Jane whether she would like me to turn her poem into a song while experimenting with a number pattern connected to my study of Exodus 12:2. She first chose the numbers 4 and 2, and then added 3.

Screenshot of my response to Jane and her choice of the numbers four, two and three
My responses are shown in blue. Jane chose 4 and 2, then also added 3.

“This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you.”

For this first documented piano experiment, I paired 4 with the note D and 2 with the note B, exploring them through minor and major keys. This was my own creative number-to-note mapping. Exodus 12:2 inspired the wider experiment, but the verse itself does not assign the number four to D or the number two to B, and this is not a standard rule of music theory.

How the Poem Became a Music Experiment

  1. Original Piano Performance: Playing the Tune and Number Patterns

    I began at my piano, using Jane’s selected numbers as the starting point for the notes and tonal choices. This first recording shows me personally playing the actual tune and number patterns before the later editing and AI-assisted stages. It preserves the human performance at the beginning of the project and provides direct evidence of my role as the pianist.

    Personal context for my comments in this recording: My former spouse and I are peacefully moving into separate lives by 2027. This is why I speak in the video about feeling sad about selling my piano while also wanting to have fun with it before these significant changes. The recording captures a tender, transitional moment: I am preserving the tune, enjoying the instrument and making a meaningful memory before beginning a different chapter of life.

    The following Part 1 video continues the record of the experiment and shows the beginning of my production and editing process.

  2. Extracting and Editing the Audio

    I used Adobe Premiere Pro to extract the original piano sound without enhancements and saved it as a separate audio file. I then experimented with effects and prepared another version for the next stage.

    After applying the effects, I uploaded the piano-based audio to Suno:

  3. Adding Jane’s Words in Suno

    Next, I copied Jane’s poem into Suno and experimented with how the words might work as lyrics alongside the uploaded music. Part 2 preserves approximately 42 minutes of this exploratory process.

  4. The 147 Hz Audio-Editing Experiment

    In the fourth stage, I used Adobe Audition to adjust the audio as part of my personal 147 Hz frequency experiment. The video below documents what I changed and how I approached this part of the process.

    Clarification: “147 Hz” describes the setting and symbolic frequency experiment I chose for this creative work; I am not presenting it here as a medical or scientific treatment claim.

Listen to the Final Music

I saved two final MP3 versions. These Google Drive links preserve the downloadable audio files, while the Suno players below provide convenient in-page listening.

First Version

Second Version

Watch the Final Lyric Videos

These two MP4 versions bring Jane’s words and the finished musical experiments together in lyric-video form.

Lyric Video — Version 2

Lyric Video — Version 1

Creative Credits and AI Transparency

  • Original poem: Jane, my twin; shared with her permission.
  • Number-to-note concept, original piano performance and creative direction: Anna; documented in the embedded performance recording.
  • Audio and video editing: Anna, using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition.
  • AI-assisted music development: Suno, guided by my uploaded piano audio, Jane’s words and my creative choices.

The poem remains Jane’s human-authored work. The piano recording, editing decisions and prompt direction also remain important parts of how the musical results were shaped.

What This Collaboration Means to Me

This experiment began with something simple and precious: my twin sharing her words with me. Jane’s poem carried an image of hidden preparation, and music gave me another way to sit with that image. The result is not only a pair of songs; it is a record of two sisters exchanging inspiration—one through poetry and the other through piano, sound and experimentation.

It has also become a record of a threshold in my own life. As my former spouse and I peacefully prepare to move into separate lives by 2027, the possibility of selling my piano carries genuine sadness. Playing, laughing and experimenting before these major changes allowed me to honour what the instrument has meant to me and to preserve this creative moment for the future.

✨ Deep Treasure

A meaningful creation does not have to begin with a finished plan. Sometimes it begins when one person offers a thought and another person listens closely enough to answer in a different creative language.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who wrote The Butterfly’s Wings?

My twin Jane wrote the original poem and gave me permission to share it in this post and use its words in the music experiment.

How was the music created?

I began with my own piano performance, which is documented in the original performance video above. I then edited the recording with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition and used Suno to explore AI-assisted versions incorporating Jane’s words.

Does Exodus 12:2 assign musical notes to the numbers 4 and 2?

No. Exodus 12:2 inspired the wider number-pattern exploration, but the 4-to-D and 2-to-B pairings were my creative choices for this experiment, not assignments stated in Scripture.

Topics Covered: Jane’s poem, The Butterfly’s Wings, twin sisters, poetry-to-music collaboration, original piano performance, piano experiment, number-to-note mapping, Exodus 12:2, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, 147 Hz experiment, Suno, AI-assisted music, personal transition, creative process

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors