Profile

Thursday 22 August 2024

I AM ANALYSIS

I conducted an analysis of the phrase "I am" to see how many times it appears in the text and in which books of the Bible this phrase is mentioned. I tabulated the occurrences of "I am" and then created a graph, which is included in this post.


My observations are written below the graphs. 

I AM THE LORD 

Genesis

2

Exodus

17

Leviticus

43

Numbers

5

Deuteronomy

2

Judges

1

1 Kings

2

Psalms

1

Isaiah

11

Jeremiah

3

Ezekiel

66

Hosea

1

Joel

2

Zechariah

1

Malachi

1

Total Mentions

158

























Observations

  • I am the Lord is mentioned in 15 books out of 66. 
  • Starts with Ch 15:7 and ends in Ch 3:6
  • All five books of the Torah are included
  • Judges and two of King David’s books are mentioned
  •  Four minor prophets mention ‘I AM THE LORD’
  • Three major prophets mention ‘I AM THE LORD’

I AM

Light

3

Life

5

Way truth and life

1

that I am

1

The Son of God

2

The bread

2

The Lord Your God

33

God

9

Almighty God

3

God, and there is none like me

1

Alpha and Omega

4

Holy

4

Water of life

1

First and last

6

Total Mentions

75







Observations

  •  Starts with John Ch 8:12 and ends with Revelation Ch 22:13
  • The first light has three mentions, the seventh has 33 mentions, and the last has six mentions.
  •  There are fourteen entries. The seventh entry happens to have a parallel number to Jesus’ age of death, while light has three entries, a parallel number to Jesus’ resurrection. The fourteenth entry has six entries. The number is man, which is fitting, considering Jesus is the original man. 

DOWNLOADABLE

No comments:

Post a Comment