In this personal dream, a row of coconut trees stood beside a road. One was unusually tall and bent, yet I raced up it with laughter as though I were flying. After I removed one of its two “heads,” the trees’ keeper explained that the extra heads needed pruning—and I felt relieved that the whole row was not mine to manage alone.
The Dream as I Remember It
There was a place where coconut trees were growing in a row along a side road.
I saw one that was bent and very tall. It was long, with yellow specks near the top of the bend.
I am not sure whether I heard a voice telling me to go up this tree.
I looked at it and knew I could run up it. Without hesitation, I raced upward as though I were flying. I was laughing and giggling as I went.
When I reached the top, I think I removed one of the tree heads.
After I came down, a faceless man approached me. He seemed to be the keeper of the trees. I think he said that the two-headed trees needed to be pruned and that he was going to cut off the extra heads.
I felt relieved, because there were many trees.
A decorative impression of the dream’s roadside, joyful climb and row of trees—not an exact reconstruction.
The Detail That Changes the Whole Dream
At first, the dream appears to place an enormous task before me. The tree is very tall, bent and marked with yellow specks. Yet I do not struggle slowly or climb with fear. I simply know I can go up, and the ascent feels fast, light and joyful.
The ending changes the scale of the responsibility. There are many trees, but the keeper does not tell me that I must prune all of them. He recognises the problem and says that he is going to deal with the extra heads. My final feeling is not exhaustion; it is relief.
The dream may picture a moment when I was allowed to recognise a need and take part in one task without becoming responsible for the entire row. The ability to move upward with laughter may suggest grace, readiness or freedom—but the dream does not identify the voice, the keeper or the meaning of the trees with certainty.
Pruning in Scripture
The clearest biblical connection is Jesus’ teaching about the true vine. In that passage, the Father is the vinedresser, and pruning serves the purpose of greater fruitfulness:
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.”
John 15 does not provide an automatic interpretation of every tree dream. It does, however, establish an important spiritual principle: in Jesus’ illustration, pruning belongs to the Father’s careful work and is directed toward life and fruit. It is purposeful tending, not careless destruction.
Possible Meanings to Hold Prayerfully
| Dream detail | A possible question or theme | What remains unknown |
|---|---|---|
| The trees growing in a row | Order, a shared environment, repeated situations or lives under someone’s care | The dream does not identify what or whom the trees represent. |
| The tall, bent tree | A conspicuous need, an unusual assignment or something difficult in appearance | Its bend may be important, but the dream gives no direct explanation. |
| The yellow specks | A feature drawing attention to the place near the top | They could suggest warning, change, maturity or simply visual detail; no meaning is certain. |
| Running upward with laughter | Joyful willingness, unusual ease, confidence or freedom in doing one’s part | The dream does not say whether this ability was natural, spiritual or purely dreamlike. |
| The two heads | Excess growth, duplication, competing directions or something that requires correction | There is no universal biblical meaning for a two-headed tree. |
| The keeper taking responsibility | Oversight, stewardship and freedom from carrying an entire field alone | A faceless dream figure should not automatically be identified as God, an angel or a real person. |
I climbed one tree, but I was not appointed keeper of the entire row. One possible treasure in this dream is the difference between faithful participation and total responsibility: I could respond to the task before me with joy, then trust the true keeper to recognise, tend and complete the wider work.
A Symbolic Dream, Not Gardening Advice
Coconut palms do not respond to pruning in the same way as ordinary branching trees. The University of Florida’s guidance on pruning palms warns that excessive pruning reduces the canopy and photosynthetic capacity. It also explains that yellow or orange spotting can be associated with potassium deficiency and that removing affected living leaves may worsen the palm’s decline.
For that reason, the removal of a “tree head” belongs to the unusual symbolic world of this dream. It should not be copied as a method for caring for a real coconut palm.
Questions for Prayerful Reflection
- Was there a particular responsibility that looked difficult but became surprisingly joyful once I began?
- What did I feel when I reached the top: accomplishment, obedience, freedom or simple delight?
- Did the “extra head” suggest excess, divided direction or something that no longer belonged?
- Was the final relief showing me that I did not have to manage every need I could see?
- What fruit would a wise and loving pruning process be intended to produce?
A Short Prayer
Father, You are the wise vinedresser. Please show me what belongs to my care and what I must entrust to You. Give me courage and joy for the work You truly place before me, but keep me from carrying responsibilities You have not given me. Prune what hinders lasting fruit, protect what is living and healthy, and help me discern every dream with Scripture, humility and peace. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this dream definitely mean that God was telling me to prune people?
No. The dream does not identify the trees as people or give permission to control, correct or remove anyone. Any personal application should remain grounded in Scripture, love, humility and appropriate boundaries.
What does a two-headed tree mean in the Bible?
The Bible does not establish a fixed meaning for a two-headed tree. Ideas such as divided direction or unnecessary duplication may be explored prayerfully, but they should not be presented as a biblical code.
Was the faceless keeper God?
The dream does not say. The keeper may symbolise oversight or responsibility, but a faceless dream character should not automatically be identified as God, an angel or a particular person.
Why might the joyful climb matter?
The laughter and almost-flying movement may be just as important as the pruning. They could suggest freedom, confidence or grace for a particular task, especially because the tall and bent tree first appeared difficult to climb.
The image that stays with me is not only the strange two-headed tree. It is the ease and laughter of the climb, followed by the relief of learning that the many trees were known to their keeper. I had taken part, but I did not have to carry the whole row.
Topics Covered: Personal dream, pruning trees, coconut palms, joyful obedience, shared stewardship, spiritual growth, John 15, Christian dream discernment, prayer
No comments:
Post a Comment