Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Dream of the Eiffel Tower’s Destruction: Storm Over France

Article Summary

On 5 June 2015, I recorded a vivid dream in which cyclone-strength winds destroyed the Eiffel Tower and left widespread damage across France. I travelled through the destruction with Isabella and a father figure, later saw people jumping into water and then encountered an unexpected incident involving my cat, Schmooza. This post preserves the dream and my original interpretation while leaving its meaning open to careful, prayerful discernment.

A personal dream record—not a confirmed prediction

The events described below occurred within a dream. This post does not claim that the Eiffel Tower will literally be destroyed, that a particular storm will strike France or that the dream has been fulfilled by a later event. My interpretation is retained as the personal reflection I wrote at the time.

Historical black-and-white photograph of lightning striking the Eiffel Tower in Paris
Lightning striking the Eiffel Tower on 3 June 1902. This public-domain historical photograph is used as an atmospheric illustration only; it is not evidence of the dream or its fulfilment. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

The Dream as I Remember It

Recorded: 5 June 2015

I dreamt that I was in a house. There was news about stormy weather, but when the storm struck, it brought cyclone-strength winds that destroyed the Eiffel Tower in France.

People were shocked. The weather personnel were trying to understand how such a destructive weather cell could have been misinterpreted as an ordinary stormy day.

It seemed that everything had been destroyed. Then my father—although he did not look like my dad—took Isabella and me in a seven-seater van and showed us the destruction everywhere.

Next, I found myself in a place where I could see water. People were jumping into it.

Then a lady from next door told me that my cat, Schmooza, had pooed and urinated in their house. She had picked up his poo in white tissue and wanted to give it to me, but I refused to take it.

I cannot remember what happened after that.

How the Dream Moves

The dream begins with a public warning that seems ordinary but becomes catastrophic. It then moves from the destruction of a world-famous landmark to a family journey through the aftermath, followed by water, people jumping and finally a very small but unpleasant disagreement between neighbours.

That change of scale stands out to me. The dream moves from a national symbol and widespread devastation to a personal question of responsibility and boundaries. The scenes may be connected, or they may simply reflect the unusual way dreams can combine public fears, family relationships and familiar daily life.

My Original Interpretation

What I wrote at the time

“France will be struck by something big which will bring change to the country.”

I preserve that sentence because it belongs to the original dream record. However, the dream itself does not identify a date, a real weather system or a specific future event. “Something big” and “change” are broad ideas, so they should not be attached to later events without clear evidence.

Testing the Dream With Humility

For me, responsible discernment means separating what I actually saw from what I later thought it might mean. It also means allowing uncertainty. A vivid dream can be spiritually meaningful, emotionally expressive, connected to ordinary concerns or simply difficult to interpret.

“Test all things; hold fast what is good.”

Testing the dream does not require dismissing it, but it does require resisting fear, sensational claims and forced interpretations. Any understanding worth keeping should encourage truthfulness, wisdom, prayer and compassion.

Possible Themes Within the Dream

These are reflective possibilities, not a fixed dream dictionary or a statement that each detail has one prophetic meaning.

Dream detail Possible reflection What should remain open
An ordinary storm warning becoming destructive A fear that danger, change or disruption may be underestimated until its full force becomes visible. The scene does not forecast a real cyclone or prove that weather personnel will make such an error.
The Eiffel Tower A recognisable symbol of France, Paris, human achievement, national identity or something believed to be strong and enduring. The tower may have appeared simply because it is an unmistakable image of France. Its destruction need not be literal.
My father, who did not look like my dad Guidance, authority, protection or being shown how extensive the damage had become. The unusual appearance makes the figure’s identity uncertain. It should not automatically be assigned a spiritual identity.
Travelling with Isabella in a seven-seater van Family, protection, shared witnessing or moving safely through a changed environment. The number of seats may be an ordinary vehicle detail rather than a hidden numerical message.
Water and people jumping in Escape, risk, transition, cleansing, urgency or people responding differently after disruption. I do not remember enough context to know whether the water was safe, dangerous, recreational or symbolic.
Schmooza and the neighbour A sudden return from a large public crisis to an ordinary domestic problem involving responsibility, blame and personal boundaries. The incident may be humorous, random dream imagery or connected to a real concern about the cat at the time.
✨ Deep Treasure

The dream moves from the fall of a famous tower to a small dispute over something unwanted. Perhaps that contrast is part of what makes the dream memorable: even when the world feels shaken, people still face ordinary questions of family, responsibility and boundaries. I can preserve the warning and emotion of the dream without claiming certainty about every image.

Questions I Still Hold

  • What did the Eiffel Tower represent to me personally in 2015—France, strength, pride, beauty, achievement or something else?
  • Why did the dream emphasise that the destructive weather had been misread as an ordinary storm?
  • What emotion did I feel while being shown the damage: fear, grief, amazement, concern or detachment?
  • Why did my father feel recognisable even though he did not look like my dad?
  • Were the people jumping into the water escaping danger, seeking safety or doing something unrelated?
  • Why did the dream finish with Schmooza, the neighbour and my refusal to accept what she handed me?
  • Does any proposed interpretation lead toward prayer, wisdom and compassion rather than anxiety?

A Prayer for Discernment

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for wisdom and truth. If there is anything useful for me to understand from this dream, please bring it to light in Your time. Help me preserve what I saw without adding certainty that was not given. Keep me from fear and speculation, and teach me to respond with prayer, humility and compassion. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does this post predict that the Eiffel Tower will be destroyed?

No. It records a dream and the interpretation I wrote at the time. The dream does not establish that the Eiffel Tower will literally be destroyed or identify a future event.

Was the dream fulfilled by a later event in France?

This post does not claim a fulfilment. Because the original interpretation used broad language about a major change in France, attaching it to a later event would require more evidence than the dream provides.

Why retain the original interpretation?

It forms part of the historical record of what I thought after the dream. Keeping it clearly labelled allows readers to distinguish my original response from later, more cautious reflection.

How can a Christian approach a vivid dream responsibly?

Record it accurately, pray for wisdom, test interpretations against Scripture, consider ordinary personal influences and avoid presenting uncertain symbolism as proven fact or doctrine.

References

Topics Covered: Eiffel Tower destruction dream, France dream, Paris, cyclone-strength winds, storm warning, national change, Isabella, father figure, seven-seater van, water dream, Schmooza the cat, neighbour boundaries, personal dream journal, Christian dream discernment and 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

1 comment:

  1. Additional Notes: Before this dream, my two eiffel tower pictures kept falling on the floor out of the other pictures around the house. At first I thought the sticky stuff needed changing, and therefore bought new sticky stuff, but it kept falling. Perhaps it was my guardian angel trying to tell me and I didn't listen properly because I had an impression about France being attacked and shrugged my shoulders.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors