Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dream of an Earthquake and Two Great Tsunami Waves

Article Summary

This dream journal entry records an earthquake, two immense and unusually thick tsunami waves, a house that remained protected, and a message that another change was coming. The dream was recorded early on 26 April 2015, before I knew about the major earthquake that had struck Nepal the previous day.

Dream Record

Date: 26 April 2015, early morning

I was in an unknown house with my family and the translucent man.

We experienced an earthquake that shook the house. Then we were told to prepare for the tsunami, and we did. I mentioned the “secret place” to the translucent man, but he said no and told us to stay in the house.

Then two immense, thick bodies of tsunami water struck the land. The water covered everything and moved beyond our house. Some streams came in and passed through, but the house was not damaged.

Afterward, I heard or sensed someone saying that we would be going through another change.

A Historical Note: The Nepal Earthquake

When I had this dream, I did not know that a major earthquake had occurred in Nepal.

The United States Geological Survey records that the magnitude 7.8 earthquake began at 11:56 a.m. Nepal time on 25 April 2015. This was 6:11 a.m. UTC, or approximately 4:11 p.m. in Brisbane. The earthquake therefore occurred before my early-morning dream on 26 April.

This close timing is part of why I preserved the dream, but timing alone does not establish that the dream predicted, was caused by, or spiritually confirmed the Nepal earthquake. The Nepal disaster involved severe shaking, landslides and avalanches; the two great tsunami waves belonged to the imagery of my dream and should not be presented as part of the Nepal event.

Collapsed buildings and earthquake damage in Nepal in April 2015
Aftermath of the 2015 Nepal earthquake, photographed on 26 April 2015. Photo by Krish Dulal via Wikimedia Commons, licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0. The photograph documents the earthquake’s aftermath; it is not an image of the dream’s tsunami.

My Original Interpretation

I understood this as a direction dream. My first interpretation was that major changes would affect the world outside our house of protection.

To me, the tsunamis signified change. They were so thick that they covered everything in their path, yet they did not damage our house. I wondered whether the family could represent those who belong to God and whether the unharmed house pictured protection through the Holy Spirit while massive changes took place around us.

Original earthquake and tsunami dream interpretation graphic
The original earthquake-and-tsunami interpretation graphic retained from this dream post.

The “Secret Place” and the Protected House

The words “secret place” naturally call Psalm 91 to mind. In the dream, however, the translucent man did not direct us to another hidden location; he told us to remain in the house. I have therefore kept the house, the man and his instruction exactly as I remembered them without assigning the man an identity that the dream itself did not explain.

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.’”

Psalm 91 offers assurance of God’s presence and faithfulness. It should not be turned into a promise that Christians will never experience physical loss or disaster. Within this personal dream, the undamaged house can be held as an image of refuge, spiritual steadiness and trust while circumstances change.

✨ Deep Treasure

The most enduring part of this dream is not a timetable for disaster but the picture of remaining under God’s care while powerful change passes around and even through our circumstances. Some water entered the house, yet the house remained standing. Protection did not mean being untouched by the event; it meant not being destroyed by it.

Holding the Dream with Discernment

I preserve this account as part of my personal dream journal. Its historical timing is factual, but its spiritual meaning remains an interpretation to be considered prayerfully rather than a proven prediction. Scripture encourages believers to test what they receive and retain what is good.

“Test all things; hold fast what is good.”

Questions for Reflection

  • What did the unknown house represent to me at the time of the dream?
  • Why did some water enter the house without damaging it?
  • Did the two great bodies of water suggest two stages of change, repetition, or simply the scale of the event?
  • What kind of “another change” was I sensing—personal, family-related, spiritual or wider?
  • How can I remain prayerful and discerning without forcing the dream into a definite prediction?

Prayer

Lord, You are my refuge and my fortress. Help me to remain close to You when circumstances feel overwhelming or uncertain. Give me wisdom to test every impression carefully, humility where the meaning is unclear, and peace to trust Your presence through every season of change. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Frequently Asked Questions

When was this dream recorded?

It was recorded in the early morning of 26 April 2015.

Had the Nepal earthquake already happened?

Yes. USGS records the magnitude 7.8 earthquake at 11:56 a.m. Nepal time on 25 April 2015, approximately 4:11 p.m. in Brisbane. I had not heard about it when I had the dream.

Does the timing prove that the dream was prophetic?

No. The timing is why I noted the Nepal earthquake beside the dream, but it does not by itself prove a prophetic cause, prediction or fulfilment.

Did the Nepal earthquake cause a tsunami?

The earthquake struck inland in the Himalayan region. The two immense tsunami waves described here were dream imagery, not a documented feature of the Nepal earthquake.

Who was the translucent man?

The dream did not identify him. I have retained that detail without declaring that he represented the Holy Spirit, an angel or another figure.

Topics Covered: earthquake dream, tsunami dream, 2015 Nepal earthquake, spiritual protection, the secret place, Psalm 91, Christian dream discernment, change and refuge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors