Tuesday 11 August 2015

Basking in the Sun results in Bright Blooms

How does this apply to me being in connection with God/Jesus Christ/ Holy Spirit?


One day, my hubby and I went to buy some flowers to hang in hanging pot plants from Bunnings Hardware store in Munno Para.

(Picture below)


As we came home, I hung this flower (Federation Daisy: Sublime Pink) in the back yard in a place that sheltered it from direct sunlight.

Anyways, as I was admiring this flower for a few days, it was brought to my attention that some of the new blooms were lighter coloured then the ones that were already blooming when we bought it.

At first I didn't know what to think, then as I dwelled upon the possibilities of why this was so, it dawned on me!

This plant needed the full sun for it's flowers to be be bright purple.

Then I realised that without the sun the flowers will still bloom but will not look as colourful!

I think after this realisation, the Holy Spirit said that this is like me...as a daughter of his I need his sun[son] daily so we can bloom as bright as he and when we are undercover or not in connection with God we still grow...but not as bright as we should.

Personal lesson learnt. Keep my connection with God and heaven so I can shine colourfully just like him.

1 John 1: 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment