Thursday 23 July 2015

Sometimes we feel like we moving backwards in life instead of forwards!





One day, when I was having a yarn with hubby I gazed at one of my clocks and found that the time was almost two hours ahead of the normal time, so I went and corrected the time.

As I gazed at the clock, I think the Holy Spirit revealed that sometimes in life we are like this clock.

We go a bit ahead of ourselves, probably not in agreement with God's will and God reaches out and puts us back into place.


As I was dwelling on this thought, I wondered what things could make us feel like we are heading backwards rather then forwards.... maybe loosing a job, going through a sickness, loosing a loved one or moving to a place that we never thought of moving.

So whenever we feel we are moving backwards perhaps consider these verses:


Proverbs 3: 5-6

PSALM 40: 1-17

James 1: 2-3 and Romans 5: 3-4

It is good to remind ourselves that when we pray,  for more of God and less of us...we should expect to go through change/training/trials that is for our own benefit.

So if we are ready to be more like Jesus... expect the unexpected and if we are not ready...don't pray that prayer!


                                   

                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment