Sunday 17 June 2018

Knowing True Power and Authority


It all started when I watched a Pureflix movie on YouTube, I was browsing YouTube looking for a family friendly movie and to spend some time with my sick eight year old. 

I don't think it was by chance that I found Samson movie really clear and good quality and astounding. The scene that tipped me over was watching Samson destroying the thousand Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey/ass. 

Watching him pray and ask the Lord of the MOST HIGH to give him strength to defend himself was very empowering and got me thinking that the same spirit he had, those who are born again believers (those who believe that Jesus is the Son of GOD who raised from the dead and know and can say Jesus is Lord and are baptised again) have this same spirit, and if we but ask him to give us divine strength, wisdom, knowledge and power to conquer our enemies and weaknesses, he is able to give what we ask for (as long as it is within his will). 

Samson killing the thousand Philistines



This got me thinking about my doubt in God to keep me safe when I drive; two years ago I was bounded in fear of driving until one day the LORD told me it was time to practice my faith through active works (driving). At first I was terrified, even after walking around my car and praying over it, when I finally opened the driver's door and sat on the driver's seat and held the black steering wheel...and switching with my right hand the keys to ignite the car...I was terrified, I could feel my heart beating in the middle of my collar bone and felt my necklace rising and sinking to my heartbeat. 

I then cowered and pleaded with my hubby to drive, he watching my every move, relinquished me of the terrifying task, feeling defeated, I sat on the passenger seat beside hubby and felt terrible and guilty that I didn't complete the faith task the Holy Spirit instructed me to do. 

Although, next time I tried, I did drive out and felt so confident and happy that I listened … even if hubby was on the passenger seat, and the drive was only five minutes.

The verse that aided me to step out of my comfort zone comes from the book of 2nd Timothy
Chapter 1 verse 7: it reads: "for the Lord has not given me a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind."



 So anyways, two days ago, I finally decided to drive my hubby's way to drop my daughter to her School. First of all, I prayed and asked my Lord to give me strength, and courage to drive the different route, then I searched within myself for any doubt and found none (this was done when I started my drive), seeing an image in my mind on the road route I was suppose to take that day I knew the Holy Spirit was telling me it was time to obey his voice, time to move forward, time to try the new scary path (according to my flesh). 

This was the fourth or fifth time he was speaking to me... earlier days when I would drive my daughter to school, I'll see a vision of the road hubby would drive and I pleaded in my heart with my Lord that I wasn't ready to drive hubby's way and went my easier way (so I thought at the time). 

I only discovered that after drowning myself in GOD's word in so many forms (watching Samson, reading a novel of ladies GOD used in their time, praying, and bible studying... ) I finally found myself ready to do what was asked of me... and believing that the same spirit that was in Samson, I had as well, and I wasn't going to let GOD down and nether was he. 

So I drove the way shown to me and found the route to be so much easier than my normal route, there were no round-abouts, quicker and more fuel efficient. All this discovered just listening and obeying the voice of my Lord... go figure! 



Reflecting on Samson, I realised that perhaps GOD puts in the heart of people to make movies like this so that people like me can see with my own eyes how GOD used his people in the past. They were not perfect and had character flaws, and so do I, but they obeyed, they repented when they sinned, they endured the consequences humbly of their sinful actions. However, when they obeyed, WOW!! They had the power to have divine warrior skills to kill a thousand men, the power to smite their enemies with blindness (Elisha in 2 Kings), to kill a giant with a small stone flung by a sling, win the heart of a king (Esther), bend the laws of physics (Elisha and the axe head), skip time and teleport from one place to another without using any transport (Phillip),  raise the dead to life (Jesus and his disciples), command demons to leave, heal the sick and restore missing body parts, walk on water (Jesus, and even Peter - until he doubted).




Elisha commanding the heavenly hosts to smite the Syrians with blindness


No comments:

Post a Comment